Free Shipping On USA Orders over $80 with the code FREESHIPPING

The Wonders a Plant-Based Skincare Routine and Lifestyle Can Do

by Manoela Machado Vianna Torres September 01, 2020

The Wonders a Plant-Based Skincare Routine and Lifestyle Can Do

It is undeniable that skincare is essential for all genders, at any age. You have probably heard of thousands of different skincare routines: from people who exfoliate their faces in the morning to those who put ten different creams on their bodies before they sleep.


However, most of us seem to forget about how the ingredients of the products we use affect our skin. Sadly, the US FDA only bans or restricts 11 chemicals compared to the 1,328, which the EU has banned… SO what are we even putting on our skins?


Yes, those statistics shocked me, too, when I read them. That was when I realized that plant-based skincare products would be the way to go for my skincare routines.


Do our skincare products’ ingredients matter?


The answer is a definite, yes! Our skins absorb whatever we put on it. To put this to perspective, research shows that our surfaces absorb 64% of the daily Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) found in tap water. The chemicals we put on our skin penetrate our bodies; therefore, putting harmful chemicals (that are not even approved for use in some parts of the world) can have disastrous effects such as cancer, skin and eye irritation, and even genetic mutations.


The top three benefits of a plant-based skincare routine are: 


  1. No harmful chemicals

When using a plant-based routine, our skins, and bodies, only receive mother nature’s products. Plant-based skincare products must have at least 95% organically-based ingredients, the other 5% (or less) may include preservatives and pesticides, but these are all approved by the USDA. Our Nina products are natural, vegan, cruelty-free, and free of gluten, phthalates, sulfates, parabens, artificial colors, and fragrances!


  1. Goodbye Acne…

Of course, everyone’s skin care is different, and there is no uniform, magical skincare routine everyone should follow. However, treating your acne with chemicals can be disastrous! Despite most conventional skincare products providing you a solution for acne, their harsh chemicals can irritate or dry out your skin. Plant-based products, on the other hand, offer a more gentle and natural approach to heal acne. 


  1. Mother nature thanks you

According to the Environmental Working Group, most conventional skincare products are not only harmful to our health, but they also affect wildlife since most of their chemicals end up being washed to rivers and oceans. Furthermore, all of our products are cruelty-free, so you can take care of your skin without feeling guilty about it. 

Sources


  1. http://www.safecosmetics.org/get-the-facts/regulations/international-laws/ 
  2. https://ajph.aphapublications.org/doi/10.2105/AJPH.74.5.479
  3. https://clarityclinicalskincare.com/whats-the-real-appeal-of-a-plant-based-skin-care-routine/
  4. https://www.ewg.org/skindeep/why-this-matters-cosmetics-and-your-health/


Manoela Machado Vianna Torres
Manoela Machado Vianna Torres

Author


Leave a comment

Comments will be approved before showing up.